-

Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter A/B/G & N Networks

Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter A/B/G & N Networks

By M. Owens (El Dorado Hills, CA United States) -  reviews




I was getting ready to ship this adapter back after two days of tinkering with my network to get it to work with no results. My old Xbox wireless-g adapter worked fine, albeit with marginal connectivity and speed. I upgraded to this wireless-n adapter to solve those problems but found that it worked so poorly that I barely had a connection and couldn't use media center at all.

I spent two days tweaking everything I could think of on my network and then, as a last resort, I just switched my router (Linksys WRT330N) to operate in the 20MHz band instead of the 40, where I had it set previously. That was all it took, and now it works great with a strong signal. So, if the adapter doesn't work for you, make sure your router isn't set for wide-40MHz channel.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Xbox 360 Games

Custom Search