-

Ear Force X4 Dolby Digital Wireless

Monday, December 28, 2009

Ear Force X4 Dolby Digital Wireless (Headphones)


By John C. Stokes (Columbus, Ohio) -   reviews


I will first mention that I have the Earforce X3's and had an issue with hissing that was attributed to the microphone feedback "feature" which allows you to hear how loud you are talking. The amount of feedback is not user adjustable so I sent them back to Turtle Beach to be tweaked. When I got them back the hissing was decreased but still present (I would have preferred they turn off the feature altogether).

 
I bought the X4's hoping they would have addressed the hissing and they had not. That being said the X4's have very good 5.1 sound. The hissing is at its loudest when the cable from the puck is plugged into the headphones. If I'm playing single player games I do not plug it in and they sound great. Even with the cable plugged in the hissing is only detremental when there is no game sounds or in a lobby and hardly noticeable in the heat of action.

 
A nice feature is the fact that I can receive 5.1 surround on my X4's and X3's at the same time which is nice for watching movies with the wife and not waking up the baby (and yes the X4's do sound better than the X3's in a side by side comparison over 5.1). Another nice feature is that it has an optical out so if I want to play the sound through my receiver and surround speakers I just turn on the receiver without rewiring.



Bottom line is for the price and the fact they work flawlessly through xbox live these are a great wireless option.


0 comments

Post a Comment

Xbox 360 Games

Custom Search